We are looking to employ a hard-working and experienced OTR HAZMAT qualified Driver to transport freight between various locations across the country. The OTR's responsibilities include obtaining customers’ signatures upon completion of each delivery, ensuring that the freight is properly secured for transportation, and notifying management of any freight damage sustained during transportation. You should also ensure that the truck is labeled with the correct placards when transporting hazardous materials.
To be successful as an OTR Driver, you should be knowledgeable of road safety regulations and able to maintain concentration for extended periods. Ultimately, an outstanding OTR Driver should demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills as well as adhere to all company policies and procedures.
OTR Driver Responsibilities
- Safely transporting freight between various locations over long distances.
- Performing truck inspections before and after each trip to ensure that all mechanical systems are in good working order.
- Carefully planning routes to ensure that deliveries are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the company truck, which includes washing and cleaning it, checking fluids, monitoring tire pressure, and performing minor repairs as needed.
- Maintaining a logbook detailing the hours traveled, rest periods, miles covered, as well as all fueling, Pre-trip and Post-trip Inspections.
- Promptly reporting any traffic violations, road accidents, and vehicle breakdowns to management.
- Notifying the dispatcher and customer of any delay that may affect scheduled delivery times.
OTR Driver Requirements
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- A clean driving record.
- Proven experience working as an OTR Driver.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- The ability to use road maps and GPS devices.
- The ability to work long hours.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Pay is set at $80,000/yr
- Drivers stay out for 3 weeks at a time and get 4 nights at home.
- Drivers must be willing to run all 48 states, we do not force dispatch NYC.
- Drivers must have at least 12 months of OTR experience to qualify.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Free Family Chiropractic (Rockford Only)
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave